Feb 2, 2008

January 2008 (New York City)



January has come and gone and we only have a short month of wintertime left! And then there will be spring… I cannot wait!In the meantime, we are ‘enjoying’ the cold winter days. Don’t get me wrong, I do like winter, especially when the ground is covered with the powdered snow and I love skiing, but I would love it if in Ohio we got some more snow, when instead, all we get is cold weather and gray skies. 


Well, at least I get to catch up with the movies as well organize my online pictures, go through my itunes, update this blog, etc. All the little things that get delayed because of lack of time during the warmer months.I will probably repeat myself in August again, except then I will complaint about the heat and humidity… but I will leave it for August blog.


This photo was taken in Central Park in NYC- it took me 15 minutes to get this shot and I love the result.



In January, just last weekend, I went to New York City for a long weekend. The trip did not go as planned though I had a great time. As much as I like NYC I would never want to live there. The distances and the travel times from point A to point B takes up the entire day. Tomas and I were joking that in the morning we would leave to have breakfast somewhere and by the time we get to the place and eat breakfast, it is time to start making lunch/dinner plans.



Visit with Hailey, Billy and Robin in Brunswick, NJ. Hailey, Billy and Billy's parents before going out for a dinner.


Nevertheless, we were able to visit quite a few places, walked long distances, listened to some great Brazilian music (twice! And let me tell you, there is SO much talent in NYC!), ate some Russian food as well as dined in some great local eateries, saw Mamma Mia, took a walk in Central Park, visited Heath Ledger’s memorial, and did some other touristy things.




By Mamma Mia Theatre where we got our tickets for $45 only!



Brighton Beach- Mini-Russia


One the way back though my flight was canceled. And those of you who flew on Skybus Airlines before, know that not only they don’t have another flight until next morning but they also do not make any overnight stay arrangements. Since Newburgh (Stewart International) Airport is an hour (at best) away from NYC, I spent a night at the hotel. The lady who worked there was psyched as she stated that they haven’t had that many people stay at their hotel in a long time and Skybus was bringing them business.


Central Park, NYC