Today after work I brought in my Christmas decorations from the shed. After work, psyched about finally decorating, I opened my first box of Christmas ornaments and guess what I found?! A nest of hundreds of ants. Big ones! Live ones! Many MANY of them! For those of you who don't know how I feel about bugs in general, I can shortly describe what happened next. I ran to the furtherest corner of the living room area and spent good 5 minutes screaming of the top of my lungs like if my life depended on it. After my slow moving husband finally realized that he needed to check what was in that box (I couldn't explain myself very clearly through my scream) they were spread all over the couch. The rest of the ornament boxes didn't look any different. Needless to say, the house now smells like a mix of cockroach spray, bug spray, mosquito spray and any spray that came in a bottle with some sort of bug picture on it. And now my body feels like all of those ants are running all over it. And that's not all. Some sort of animal (most likely chipmunk or a mouse) got into the box where my Christmas tree was and chewed it up. Oh, and my little Santa Clause doll has a hole in his pants (I just hope there is no another nest in it)...
What a nightmarish start of Christmas season!