Sep 16, 2011

safari rides in UAE (May 2004)

There are numerous ways to have a bachelorette party. Vegas, night clubs, bars, cabin in the woods or road trip with you closest girl-friends are just a few. 

However, right before I got married, instead of a limo ride to various clubs of Columbus (I would have to vote this one as  the most popular and common ways to wish away your 'single days') to no surprise to those who know me, I chose to travel. In May of 2004 I spent all my tax return money and savings on a plane ticket and a 10 day vacation in United Arab Emirates. 

What a great exposure to the Middle East, to one of the richest countries in that region, meeting the locals, tasting delicious food and expanding my understanding of the middle-eastern culture. If I had an opportunity again, I would go back in a heart beat!

After over 7 years, I finally put a short video of my excursion to the dessert safari. What a ride!!! I will be honest though, if not for that bottle of a strong liquor that my friend and I picked up right before this ride, who knows, I might have backed out as soon as I got there! Our driver, a local guy who studied in a pilot school in TX for two years, was surfing through that sand in his brand new jeep like a maniac! Nevertheless, great experience, great memories!