May 7, 2008

Spring is here!


Finally, it is the true Spring season in Columbus! The weather has been perfect, even with rainy and windy days. I like this temperature a lot and would not mind at all if it remained in 70-ies all summer long.



April has passed quite quickly. I spent majority of my evenings and non-rainy weekends working outside: raking the remainder of fall leaves, planting the seeds, cleaning up Dante’s yard, etc. It’s like a never-ending circle- by the time I finish cleaning one side of the house and move to the next one, I eventually end up at the starting point with new tasks. But that’s ok, as I told someone recently, it is quite therapeutic to burry myself into this routine. Of course, the inside of the house has been a bit neglected, but hopefully not for too long.



As for Derrick, well, in his mind the Spring season equals The Bike season (yes, apparently there is a season called just like this and it is at least 10 months long!), so I barely get to see him these days. He dropped the class he was taking at Franklin so he could spend more time road and mountain biking and getting ready for several different races that he wants to do this summer.


Talking about biking… I cleaned up my scooter and started riding it to work. It’s been great! I only have 2 and a half mile ride and am hoping to replace the scooter with a bicycle soon and ride at least until the unbearable heat begins.