Below is an email that I recently received from our friends Erin and Kassie. It really touched me and reminded me once again how fragile our life can be and that nothing really should be taken for granted. All my thoughts go to Katie and her family and friends.
Hello Friends,
I'm sending this note to ask you to please take a few moments and visit a very important website that was launched today: http://www.500kin365.org/index.htm.
This site was set up to support a local musician and friend through the hard work and dedication of a group of people that love Katie and are committed to doing their part to support her and her family as she fights a rare tumor that has compromised her life. I've known Katie personally for long time and I can tell you that she is one of the most wonderful, kind-hearted, spirited and talented people you will ever meet. This illness has been devasting for her, her family and friends and has changed every piece of her life.
Please take some time to visit http://www.500kin365.org/index.htm, listen to her music, read her story and if possible, contribute to the 500k in 365 days goal.
I hope that you will enjoy Katie's music and get some sense of the amazing person she is and the strength she possesses as she fights for her life.
Please say a prayer for her and her family today and everyday, to whomever it is that you might pray. Every bit of faith and hope helps.
Pass this along to anyone that you feel might also be interested in Katie's story and music.