Talking about Texas- it was a fun trip. Derrick had to work so he opted out to stay in Columbus. I, on the other hand, stayed with Cheryl’s family as I mentioned above on Tiki Island in Eileen and Benny’s summer house, which is a very beautiful and big house. Even more exciting was to finally meet Eileen’s parents and especially her father who proudly showed off his gigantic garden to us. Benny’s famous grilled steaks tasted even better after a long day filled with series of ‘unfortunate events’ while boating (overheating engine, running out of gas, pushing the boat from areas too shallow for a boat to be, flipping the jet ski so many times until it would not start, etc.)
May 10 was Katie and Erik’s wedding and it took place in Galveston (only half an hour or so drive from Tiki). Except for the weather (sticky hot) everything was fantastic. Katie made a beautiful bride and so did everyone in the wedding party. I am very happy for these two to find one another and join their lives to create one beautiful and happy family.
My favorite part of the whole trip was spending time with Cheryl, her boys and her family. Eileen and Benny have a gift of making their guests always feel like a part of their large family and they were simply amazing. Alex, Cheryl’s youngest, actually took his first steps (with my help) walking towards his mommy. Watching Alex dip his feet into the ocean for the first time was simply priceless. And Cameron… I must admit that even though my sleeping time is very sacred to me I do not appreciate to be interrupted, I kind of enjoyed being woken up by “hurricane” Cameron in the mornings or during my afternoon naps.
