The year started off pretty good, we both were busy with school and didn’t travel the first couple of months focusing on school, work and home.Then in March I drove to Jefferson, Maryland to visit my friend Tomas. I’ve known Tomas for over ten years now (we met in Klaipeda back in 1996 where we both attended Lithuanian Christian College) and we try to keep in touch as much as we can. Anyway, it was couple of weeks before Tomas moved back to New York and we just hung out in Mar-Lu-Ridge visiting a small town Jefferson nearby, watching some movies and just enjoying early spring weather.
One of the highlights of the past year was that in April I was offered a Marketing Program Administrator’s position with Alliance Data and since one of my degrees was in Marketing, I simply could not resist it. So, after 7 years with Franklin, I said ‘good bye’ and moved on to bigger and better things. I’ve been with Alliance for 8 months now and am loving the job and the people I work with.
Of course, I had to take advantage of this change and took a week off in between the jobs to squeeze in a trip to Costa Rica. Since Derrick and I decided to travel on our own (versus taking a guided trip) I had couple of weeks to learn some Spanish, which eventually I hope to improve from pre-beginner’s to at least intermediate level.
The trip through Quepos, La Fortuna and Tamarindo went great and my basic conversational Spanish served us well.
Memorial Day weekend we spent with Therese and Chris in Jamestown, KY camping and boating. Beautiful weather, cold water on a hot day, cold beer and a good company- what else could one want for a good and long weekend?

